Sunday, November 25, 2007

Turkey Soup




Thanksgiving is over so that means only one thing-Turkey soup. Okay well two things. Turkey soup and Christmas. I did make a pretty fabulous pot of turkey soup. It made quite a lot which is good because I am not cooking for awhile. Hubby says it is the best he has ever had. I think he just wants great presents. Mom and I went out at ridiculous o'clock in the morning on black Friday. It wasn't too bad and we did get some good deals. Is it bad that I am almost done Christmas shopping? The girls are brainstorming on what to write to Santa and since I have already finished shopping for them, I may have to "supervise". We went to the Tempe Festival of Lights parade. We saw Santa riding a fire truck. Above is a picture of him and a few of the girls. It was a bit chilly. We had hot chocolate. It was pretty fun. They had just watched the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade a couple of days earlier so I don't know what their expectations were but I think the hot chocolate helped. They said they liked it. The holiday season is now in full swing. I have already watched two Christmas movies. We are getting a tree this weekend. Just because it doesn't look like Christmas outside doesn't mean it can't look like it inside. Hope all of you have a great holiday season and take time to drink some eggnog. the kind with rum in it. and watch lots of Christmas movies that make you cry.

1 comment:

Dr Write said...

I made some soup too! MB also said it was delicious. But I think I may be on to him...
I've barely started my shopping, but I try to do it inadvertently, like I go to the grocery store and accidentally buy some gifts. Oops! Then maybe I'll finish in time to mail them. Maybe.
Good luck with those finals.
Eight (teaching) days and counting...