Monday, December 24, 2007

She is 7 going on 17...I need help!!!

We were all listening to the Christmas songs on the radio and my oldest daughter asked:"Mom, is this Bing Crosby's rendition of White Christmas?"
I replied:"Umm yea"
Then she addes: "Rendition means version mom."
"Yea, I know what it means I just didn't know you did."
"Oh yea mom. And I like Bing Crosby better then the new singers. He draws his notes out. It's nice." (She's my hero). Then later, while riding in the back of the truck she says:
"Mom if I had an iphone I could be on the internet right now."
This relates to something she said last week: "Mom, I want a cell phone."
To which I replied:"But you don't like talking on the phone."
She said:"Oh I don't want to talk on it mom, I just want one because they are cool!"

Well at least she doesn't like the phone. I am hoping she follows in the footsteps of her auntie, Dr.Write and continues her aversion into adulthood. Merry Christmas and I hope Santa is good to all of you this year!!!

1 comment:

Dr Write said...

Ha! I think I've overcome my aversion to phones, but only with family and certain friends.
Merry merry!
And I wish you luck with her rendition of tweens, teens, etc.!!