Thursday, June 21, 2007

How to tell if you're crazy

Something happened the other day that confirmed by long held fear that I have indeed lost my mind. In light of this I thought I would make a list of things to look for if you think you have lost your mind (or signs you are a mother....)

1)You can't remember what day it is and take your kids to the wrong place on the wrong day.
2)You can't remember things you just said or wrote.
3) You can't remember things you just said or wrote.
4) You rely on a 7 year old to remember items at the grocery store.
5) Even though the 7 year old remembers the items you told her, you still forget several things that you forgot to tell her. Of course you don't realize this until you are walking out of the store.
6) If you didn't write the appt. down in your calendar and get a reminder call you forget to go.
7) You forget things you've known for awhile like your own phone number or the capital of one of the states.
8) You forget what number 8 was......

Or maybe it's just me and I need some medication or something. Or a lobotomy. Or both.

2 comments:

Dr. Write said...

I forgot an appointment too. And they didn't call me. Then I found the reminder card, but it was too late! But in my defense, when I called they didn't have me scheduled, so whoever gave me the card forgot to write it down. So it's all good!
Remember when we used to laugh at Mom because she forgot where the car was parked? Now that's so low on my list of priorities, I don't even try to remember. I just come out of the store and look around.

Anonymous said...

OMG, you guys are the funniest. OK, I forget things all the time, I have to write everything down, but the most recent thing I did, I tried to cancel an appt, and they wouldn't let me (well, it's not that simple), so I showed up so I wouldn't have to pay extra. She kept trying to tell me that my appt wasn't with who I said, blah blah, I waited approx. 20 min before they called my name, I was just about to go up and yell at the woman. So finally, I go home and realize that my appt wasn't until the next day!! But I hardly ever lose my car... LisaK