Tuesday, August 07, 2007

It's not the end of the world but you can see it from there...





Okay so I am finally back from Idaho etc. Great time relaxing, eating and drinking. I will borrow from Dr. Write's genius writing brain and list my highlights.

1. Going to Yellowstone-favorite part was the Grand Canyon of Yellowstone.(see photo)
2. Driving through the Tetons and hearing my daughter say in her best French accent: "Ho, ho the Tetons" followed by "Mom, they named those mountains after boobs. I mean who does that??" (French men).
3.Taking tour of High School and not feeling insignificant and insecure.
4. Taking daughters to see my old schools and houses.
5. Being relived that I am not SO old that my former schools and houses still exist.
6. Seeing parents of one of my dear friends from High School and realizing again why I love them.
7. Drinking margaritas and other libations with family.
8. Eating at a taco truck in Pocatello...I mean who knew?
9. Meeting a security guard in the SLC airport who dated one of my classmates-he actually knew where ISU was and then he and the other guards made jokes about Pocatello.
10. The girls getting to see their cousins.
10. Having all my family together.

Oh and because of this trip I have new addictions like Spicy Thai and Buffalo Bleu chips, burritos from taco truck and Entourage. In addition to the picture of the GC of Yellowstone, here are a few great pics I took. Enjoy your summer while it lasts.

1 comment:

Dr. Write said...

Cute pics! I also loved the taco truck. And the drinking. But must get to work. Actually I should be writing right now. When can I go have a cocktail?
Hmmm.