Sunday, August 19, 2007

But it still FEELS like summer.

Okay so like my sister Dr. Write and her hubby Middlebrow I am dreading the first day of class. Unlike them, however, it does start tomorrow, MONDAY. Who created classes for undergrads on Monday? At least it isn't until 12. I am sure most hangovers are better by then. And I also have homework for a class I am taking, which is also on Monday-Monday night. Nothing like starting full speed. I haven't received any emails..yet. I am still trying to get over both of my daughters being in school. I miss them. I miss that they don't seem to miss me, although I am SURE that is not true...I used to like the sound of silence. But now it just seems, well, quiet. Some of our best friends came out to visit this weekend which was a great way to stay in denial for just a bit longer. Plus, it is over 100. How can school start when it is over 100??? I am also looking at all I did not do over the summer. I'll just blame it on the heat. "Yea, it was too hot to get new curtains in our bedroom." If that doesn't work, I just blame the kids. Yes, that usually works. Just blame the kids...happy back to school to all!!!!

3 comments:

middlebrow said...

I was just feeling a teensie bit sorry for myself, but now I see that you start two days earlier.

Dr Write said...

I think the "it's too hot" excuse can take you well into October. I say go for it!
And I still feel sorry for myself, only now I also feel sorry for you. I'm wishing I was in Lava so I could go soak in the hot pools and leave my troubles behind.
Then have a big breakfast at the Chuckwagon tomorrow and forget about it. Sigh.
Good luck with that.

Anita said...

Sorry about school starting...that's a bummer sista! I like to read comments on your blog that I can relate to - Lava's hot pools, the Chuck Wagon?.....shuuuuut up! It almost makes me miss Idaho......almost.