Thursday, April 26, 2007

I'm just not ready

I am slowly coming to the conclusion that I will not survive both of my daughters going through puberty. I think it has already started. Daughter one cries when she can't find her slipper or when the toothpaste doesn't come out of the tube just right. Also clothes. Aye, the clothes. She changed 4 times this morning and would only wear jean shorts. She has about 6 other pairs in her drawer not to mention skirts and dresses but no, it must be the shorts. And the shirts. Must be soft and just so or she's not wearing it. Only tennis shoes. The socks must be a certain kind. She doesn't like it when the toe "feels funky". She is only 7. What is coming? I don't think I have the strength for this. And she already thinks I don't know anything. How did I live this long without knowing anything? I'm thinking maybe a nice school in Paris. Or I could take some small pills for a few years. The PhD program is like kindergarten compared to being a mother to two girls. I love them dearly but I am wondering if there is way to love them from afar until they are 18 or so......

2 comments:

Dr. Write said...

I hear you about the clothes. Your daughter and my son are definitely related, especially where the toes of socks are concerned. I believe that is a conversation that gave birth to the word "bulchy."
Not that you need more to worry about, but my friend had to go to an emergency parent meeting because the fifth grade girls were dating HIGH SCHOOL boys.
Oye vay!
We just have to live through it, I guess, one way or another.
But a nice (non-kid) vacation in Paris sounds lovely too.

Anonymous said...

ErinAlice, how much you have to look forward to! Short short shorts-the buns revealing kind, midriff tops, spaghetti straps, strapless bras, thong underwear...and boyfriends, we now have one local, one in Texas, we're thinking we prefer the long-distance thing, and just wait until you see hickeys!!! And we have another dance coming up, so we spent 7 hours shopping yesteday....and so it goes...Lisa K with HS daughter