Thursday, April 19, 2007

I gave birth to a lawyer!

Well it has become apparent that our oldest daughter may be headed for a career in law. Here is a conversation between her and me.

Me: Please go change out of your pajamas into your clothes so we can go to the store.
Daughter: But I want to stay in these.
Me: No, it is just not appropriate to wear those to the store. It is a public place so you should probably be in clothes. And besides, you have been in those for quite awhile.
Daughter: (moment of silence) Um well since that isn't a very good reason then I am just going to stay in my pajamas.
Me: Okay. I did not want to have to do this but you give me no choice. I am pulling the mommy card. You do it because I said so.
Daughter: (looking very unhappy) Okay (big sigh) I guess that does it.

Where does she get this? Well I blame it on her dad because it makes me feel better but I think she has far surpassed the both of us. I always wanted smart kids but this is getting ridiculous!!

I am not sure what my youngest daughter will become (she says she wants to be an actress) but when I asked her to change her clothes she said "Okay mommy!!" Of course she came out in a pink flowered skirt, orange top, striped socks and red shoes. You go girl!!

2 comments:

middlebrow said...

We like that they can make arguments. It's a sign of intelligence. We just don't want them to use it against us.

Dr. Write said...

Yes. Son is an arguer. He makes good arguments with evidence. I think they figure out fast that we want to know Why? The problem is they figure it out too well, and then they use it against us. Damn them!