Monday, October 09, 2006

My love/hate relationship

Since it is a Monday and I am in a crappy mood I decided to make a list of the things I love and hate about Phoenix.
1) I love the weather-from September to May. Where else can you wear shorts on Christmas day? No shoveling snow, frozen toes or scrapping windows.
2) I hate the weather-from May to September. I mean it's just not right for the temp. in your car to reach 135. I didn't even know car thermometers could get that high. And sweating just getting the paper. Yikes.
3) I love that some of my family is close.
4) I hate that some of my family is far away.
5) I love it that I live close to everything. Yes everything.
6) I hate it that I live close to everything!!
7) I love it that Matt Leinert lives in my neighborhood.
8) I hate it that Matt Leinert live in my neighborhood.

OkayI can't think of any more. I know there are more I just can't think anymore right now. How about you. What do you love or hate about where you live??

3 comments:

Dr. Write said...

First, I don't know who Matt Leinert even is.
But I'll back you up on #s 3 & 4. I also love that the mountains are close. And I pretty much enjoy the weather year round, but there are a few weeks in the summer (okay, all of July) where it's just too damn hot. And usually fall is great, though it's been a bit rainy this fall.
I, too, love that we are (pretty) close to everything, like the library, the grocery store, Wild Oats, etc.
What do I hate? The liquor laws, no Trader Joes, the political climate (sometimes) umm, the housing market?
Other than that, it's great.

middlebrow said...

I know who Matt Leinert is. I apologize for Dr. Write.

The solution: ErinAlice and family need to move to Salt Lake.

Better weather; outdoor opportunities; still close to family; and the streets are large.

ErinAlice said...

Large streets.....wow what a concept. Oh and I didn't really think Dr. Write would know who Mr. Leinert is but he is sort of a superstar out here. I refer to him as "Hollywood Hiesman" (did I spell that right?) I would not mind living in SLC except that I need to be able to buy my wine wherever and whenever I want, is that so wrong? I am also not sure if daughters will approve of moving away from gma and gpa-they have become kinda attached!!