Monday, October 27, 2008

Big Words and Knitting-but not necessarily in that order.


My mother is teaching my daughters to knit. Yes! Knit!! Here is a picture of the dish cloth my oldest just finished for me. Isn't it great? I think so! After giving it to me she said: "Mom. I feel so exhilarated giving you that dish cloth." (She recently received a free dictionary from school and has been reading it every night!) Some other new and exciting words she has been saying lately:

"Mom. Dinosaur bones are archaic." Then: "Mom. You are ludicrous!" And finally, to her sister: "Hey. You are a lunatic."

I wonder what audacious sentiments she will be enunciating next. :)

3 comments:

Dr Write said...

She's hilarious!
And nice dish cloth. Why didn't I learn to knit when I was young so I could make sweaters? Huh?
I guess it's not too late...

ErinAlice said...

I know. You should hear the words she is using!! She is making Jbob a tie for xmas. Can't MB teach you? I tried to learn but I blamed my difficulty on my left handedness. You should learn. You could get in a few good sweaters and afghans.

ErinAlice said...

Hi Dr. Write.... Mom here.... I just read your response to Sydney's dishcloth here and I want you to know that I'm making the sweater...it is underway as we speak... Hey, send me your show choices for LV so we can get Hasan on it now..... Kissy, Kissy, Mom