Sunday, October 21, 2007

Pumpkins





We finally got pumpkins and carved them this morning. The girls were SO excited. Here are some pictures of their lovely jack-o-lanterns. The first two is of them doing their favorite thing, pulling the guts out!! Their dad helped them carve the faces. Of course he had specific directions. It was fun-especially later when the pumpkin seeds were ready. Nothing signals the beginning of fall like salty, fresh from the oven, pumpkin seeds. (Am I right, Dr. Write??) Maybe it's just a family thing. Anyway, they are delicious. Happy pumpkining to all!!

2 comments:

Dr Write said...

You're so right! And so ahead of me. I've had the pumpkin for three weeks. I told Son we could finally carve them this week. But we need to get more. A friend also gave me some small pumpkins so I could make pumpkin risotto. I'll let you know how it goes. But I have to get more pumpkins for the seeds. More seeds!!

Anita said...

Looks like oooooey, gooooey fun! We are carving our pumpkins this weekend. Can you believe I've never cooked the seeds? Appears that I need to....can you give me some pointers?