Monday, September 17, 2007

Summer Blues

I know some people probably don't want to hear this but I am sick of the sun!! Yesterday it actually went behind a cloud. I don't want to jinx anything but I think we may be heading into "cooler" weather. It is only supposed to get into the high 90's all week and the lows will be, get this, in the 70's. While I realize this is still summer weather for most of you, that is the beginning of fall out here in the Sonoran Desert. I think I actually felt a breeze today that did not feel like I just walked into an oven or in front of a blow dryer. My girls said they were looking forward to wearing pants...how pathetic and sad. We look forward to that kind of thing out here. Hope you are all enjoying your weather which, I am sure, is cooler than here. I am making a vow NOT to say anything negative about the weather this fall/winter. I am actually looking forward to putting on a sweater. It will be a very thin one, made of cotton, but hey, it's got sleeves!!! Happy Fall everyone.

2 comments:

Anita said...

It still makes me laugh that you will be putting on a sweater when it is still in the 60's - or even 70's? Our weather is beautiful here, so I certainly don't envy you now. Give it a couple of months and I will be GREEN, GREEN, GREEN!

Dr Write said...

I too am yearning for jeans. I wore them yesterday, but regretted it as I was HOT in the afternoon. Oh well. And yes, we will be envious in December, so wait for that!