Thursday, December 07, 2006

Why teachers rule the world.

Well here I am, one more semester done. I always hope that I feel more of a sense of relief then I do. This is probably becuase, in the back of my mind, I know that I am SO far from being done. Well at least I can take a break right??? I am currently learning a lesson in payback. As a teacher, there is no way of knowing what impact you or your words have on a student. Well now that I am on the "recieving" end I can tell you- it is quite alot! The other day I was getting the girls ready for bed at 7:00. The oldest one looked at the clock and said "but mom it's only 7 and Ms. Trent says that our bedtime is 7:30-just like her and Logan." Now I know that what Ms. Trent meant was that the kids' bedtimes shouldn't be later then 7:30 (some kids in her class have bedtimes of 9 or 10). Well how was i going to explain this to a 6 year old. She heard what she heard. Well I said what any self respecting mom would say in response to this: "Do you see Ms. Trent here?" 36 hours of labor and this is what you get. Well I suppose it could be worse This same daugther spent 2 1/2 hours on her homework. Over one hour of it was spent drawing a picture for a math problem. The math took her all of about 30 seconds but the picture had to be just so-oye vey!! I blame it on her father. It makes me feel better. But it still doesn't get her work done any faster.

3 comments:

Dr. Write said...

Son and your Daughter are definitely related. The obsession. The pointing out inconsistencies. The references to things other people (or even we!) said in order to benefit themselves.
I'm glad you blogged.
Right now Son is making a book about rocks in the desert.

Anonymous said...

"i" before "e" except as in . . .

ErinAlice said...

Books about rocks in the desert? Uncle Wayne and Jbob are proud indeed!!