Thursday, January 29, 2009

Golf and a hat! But not a golf hat.




First- my mom made me the greatest hat. Those pictures were taken by me (big surprise) to show it off. My mom also made my daughters similar ones. Too cute!!
Secondly- The hubby and I went to FBR today and it was great. The weather was perfect and the golfers had some good shots. So because I am related to Dr. Write, I offer a list of what I did/saw at FBR.
1. Phil Mickelson-Love him. Why? He went to ASU and he is a lefty. Well he doesn't write left handed but he golfs left handed-why?? I don't know and I don't care. I seriously love that guy.
2. People watching-especially lots of women showing off their purchased body parts. This is expected in Scottsdale but more annoying at a golf tournament. Apparently fake boobs are a money magnet, or something.
3. Eating and drinking overpriced food and alcohol but not really minding b/c it was 70 degrees and sunny and we were not at work or school!!
4. Getting free beer from a friend. Now that is what I call a friend!!!
5. Meeting friends at the bird's nest after the golf for one last gold plated beer.

Now I gotta go get ready for our big Super Bowl party on Sunday!!!

5 comments:

Anita said...

I love Phil Mickelson too. I'll bet it was fun to people watch - I hear it's more of a fashion show than a golf tournament. Although I would feel right at home - seems like fake body parts are a must in my new neighborhood - we may be booted out soon.

Anita said...

OH, and LOVE, LOVE the hat.

Dr Write said...

Love the hat. Looks like Mom is starting a fashion trend...I don't know what FBR is, but I gathered.

ErinAlice said...

The fashion statements some people made were quite, well, interesting!! The gym where I work out has lots of plastic women too! Don't you feel kinda uncomfortable around them? Oh and Dr. Write I should have said The FBR Open since that is the official name. I can't remember what FBR stands for but it is quite an adventure being there.

ErinAlice said...

Oh and thanks about the hat. It is pretty much the only kind of hat you can wear out here. Not too warm!